Employment Opportunities in QLD, Australia
Would you like to make a profound difference in the life of a young child with autism?
The following families are looking for staff to assist them in their home and school programs.
ABIQ does not employ staff for programs. People interested in these positions will be chosen and employed by the individual families.
ABIQ accepts no responsibility for the conditions of employment or the accuracy of the following information.
Experienced ABA(Applied Behaviour Analysis) Therapist required for immediate start for 3 year old girl in Aspley on northside of Brisbane. Top rate of pay will be paid for the correct applicant. Please contact us on Ph.32632771 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PART-TIME POSITION AVAILABLE
We are looking for people to work 6-9 hours per week with our little boy who has a developmental delay. He is 3 and a half years old and we will be teaching him via a structured intervention program called Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA).
Criteria for employment
- Work as part of a creative,dynamic team to help our child learn
- Provide 2-3 hour sessions a few times a week at our home, plus attend regular team meetings (2 x per month
- Work and play with our child in a one-to-one format
- Teach our child to learn, socialize, play, interact and master cognitive concepts
- Receive ongoing training (initial workshop then 6 hours/month) and utilize the principles of ABA as directed by an experienced supervisor that we provide
- You must enjoy working with children and be comfortable playing and interacting with our child
- We are looking for people with passion and enthusiasm who can bring creativity and energy to our team
- We ask that you commit to our program for a minimum of 12 months
- Some experience in ABA would be helpful, but is not compulsory
- A ‘Working with Children Check’/ Blue Card is now a state requirement for any work with children
Begin at $15 per hour and will increase to $30 as you demonstrate your skills
Call Natalie on 0424640038 or email on email@example.com
This is the perfect opportunity for a student who is looking for practical, career-relevant work experience!
- Want to be part of a friendly therapy team and gain experience???
Therapists needed to work with family in Enoggera.
Must have First aide and blue card
School shadow for an 8 year oldboy.
Aba therapy hours for 5 year old girl and 8 yr old boy. Minimum of 15 hours per week.
Job begins November 12/11/10 or sooner if available.
Enquiries call Amanda 0422 678 474 Or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- URGENT!!! Therapy Assistant Required
Therapy assistant needed to work with our gentle-natured 4.5 year old daughter. She has Trisomy 15 with mild autism, and is non-verbal. She is already 4 months into a tailored home-based program which she is enjoying.
We are looking for another Therapy Assistant to join the team. Experience with some type of play-based therapy preferred but not necessary as full-training will be provided. However, MUST BE passionate, enthusiastic and reliable/responsible! Hours at the begin at about 3/week, increasing to up to 14/week during the school holidays. $20+ cash per hour. We are in Buderim (near Maroochydore) on the Sunshine Coast.
For further details, call Mitch on 0422 582 356 or email email@example.com
POSITION AVAILABLE - ABA THERAPIST
I am a 45 year old female professional artist residing in Hervey Bay. I have undertaken a series of visual arts lessons for primary, special needs children (those on the spectrum) at Torquay Primary School (on a voluntary basis). I am passionate about these wonderful children, and the positive effects art practices have had on these talented people. I am available for work as an art therapist or part of an ABA team. I currently hold a blue card and will be undergoing an ABA training course in Oct. I have also been involved with AEIOU by way of fundraising with a percentage of my latest exhibition being donated to the cause. Please contact Monica Burrows on 07 41287025, 0427453982 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are looking for a part time ABA therapist to help with our 3 year old son’s ABA program which is provided in a relaxed home environment in Noosa. Our son, who has high functioning autism, is verbal, intelligent and fun loving. You must be enthusiastic, passionate and reliable and have your own transport. The program is supervised by a highly experienced psychologist and training and ongoing support will be provided. You must be available for a minimum of 10 hours per week. Team meetings monthly. Hourly rate depending on experience.
This is an excellent learning opportunity for students of psychology, speech pathology, occupational therapy and related fields. Others with a background of working with children are also welcome to apply. Working with Children and other checks are necessary.
For further details please call 042 999 29 34 or email
WANTED: ABA THERAPISTS
We are looking for reliable people to work with our little boy who has a mild form of autism via a structured intervention program called Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA).
- Work as part of a creative and dynamic team to help our child learn.
- Provide 2-3 hour sessions a few times a week at our home or at kindy and attend regular team meetings.
- A position may also be available as an ABA ‘shadow’ or aide at kindy two days per week (Monday, Tuesday)
- Full training will be given and therapists must be able to attend a two day training workshop, as well as fortnightly team meetings.
- We are looking for enthusiastic and reliable people who have their own transport and who can work during school holidays.
- This is a great opportunity for students in the health, psychology or education fields to gain experience and valuable training.
LOCATION: Camp Hill and Woolloongabba
HOURS: Six – 15 hours per week.
CLOSING DATE: January 31, 2010.
CONTACT: Kate at email@example.com for more information. When replying please make note of your availability (days,times).
Looking for a reliable, positive person to join a friendly team to work with a 7 year old boy with autism. Training in ABA therapy provided by a registered ABA provider. Need to have a blue card and experience with kids. The position is part-time and between 10-20 hours per week.
Location: Enoggera, Brisbane, QLD
Application Close 10/12/2009 (Unless filled sooner)
Contact details: Amanda or Erik on 3356 9102, Mobile 0422 678 474
Email Resume or enquires - firstname.lastname@example.org
|Teacher Aide – Communication Assistant
Location / Transport
Across Kenmore and Chuwar - own transport necessary
I am a 13 year old girl who loves fashion, magazines, socialising, eating out and having fun with friends. I enjoy learning and socialising at school. I need a very fit, energetic, fun loving female to support me to: learn in high school and to be involved socially. I communicate using a laptop, iPod touch, facilitated communication, some speech, and gestures. I flourish in life when I am supported to communicate, be organised, learn, and connect socially. I happen to have autism and can't rely completely on my speech, however I won't allow that to get in the way of my enjoyment of life, my education or my enthusiasm to connect with people. People who support me describe me as an outgoing, social, fun loving, caring, and intelligent young woman.
I need someone who can / learn how to:
- Assist me to communicate,
- Support me at school and at home (before or after school),
- Support me to be organised with my academic workload,
- Support me in various aspects of everyday life including my fitness training,
- Support me with personal care.
Your personality and outlook is suitable to:
- Support me to connect with my peer group in high school,
- Support me to develop my communication skills and become more independent.
- Energetic & fit, fun loving & flexible, you are relaxed and can go with the flow,
- Drivers licence / own transport,
- Organised and reliable (because if you don’t show I don’t get to go),
- Enjoy I.T. - good knowledge of windows based programs & able to learn quickly,
- Believe that people with a disability can have an ‘ordinary life’ and are not ‘special’,
- Non smoker,
- Provide personal care assistance with respect and dignity,
- Be able to start training soon,
- Permanent resident of Australia,
This job would be ideal for a uni student who has completed high school in Australia in the last 10 years - but I am open to any person with the right qualities.
Full training provided
My current team members joined with NO previous experience and received full training from myself, my Mum and other team members. You will have the same training opportunities as they had, and will develop professional skills that will assist in many careers. There may be some flexibility to meet your availability around Uni commitments. The hours will primarily be weekdays with the possibility of occasional weekend work if you are available.
Phoning 3812 1652 / 0410 662 965 or emailing email@example.com
|Team member – Communication Partner
Location / Transport
Mt Crosby, Chuwar, Kenmore (in2010)
I am a 12 year old girl who loves fashion, magazines, socialising, eating out and having fun with friends. I also love learning and being at school. I need an energetic, fun loving person to join my team of Communication Partners to assist me transition to high school. I communicate using a range of information and communication technologies such as a tablet PC, ipod touch, facilitated communication, some speech, and gestures. I flourish in life when I am supported to communicate, be organised, become more independent, learn, and connect socially. I happen to have autism and can’t rely completely on my speech, however I won’t allow that to get in the way of my enjoyment of life, my education or my enthusiasm to connect with people. This job would be ideal for a uni student who has recently completed high school – but I am open to a person with the right qualities.
I need someone who can:
- Assist me to communicate,
- Support me being organised at home, at school and when I’m out,
- Support me in various aspects of everyday life,
- Relate well to young teenagers,
- Help me to connect with my peer group and make friends in high school,
- Help me to develop my communication skill and become more independent.
- Energetic, flexible, fun loving
- Your personality type finds it easy to adapt and go with the flow.
- Drivers licence / own transport
- Able to be organised
- Reliable (because if you don’t show I don’t get to go).
- Love technology – laptop, ipod touch, mobile phones, msn, and keen to find ways to develop my ability to communicate independently.
- Believe that people with a disability can have an ‘ordinary life’ and are not ‘special’.
- Believe in my hopes and dreams, including further education and employment
- Non smoker
Current team / Training
People who support me describe me as an outgoing, social, fun loving, caring, and intelligent young woman. My current team members joined with NO previous experience and received full training from myself, my Mum and other team members. You will have the same training opportunities as they had, and will develop professional skills that will assist in many careers, including communication, organisation, interpersonal, writing, and principles of social justice.
Phone or email by 15 September 2009
Contact My Mum: Maria McCaffrey 3812 1652 / 0410 662 965
Therapists urgently required to join established, successful ABA program working with a gentle, fun-loving 7 year old boy
The program is supervised by Victorian ABA Providers. Full training and ongoing support is provided in a relaxed home environment. After school and weekend hours negotiable. Team meetings fortnightly. Blue card and senior first aid required. $18 - $20/hr. Redcliffe area. Contact Helen Bradley on 0401913011 or 32035923
WESTCARE - Disability Support Workers Required
Due to recent expansion with the opening of a new facility, Westcare currently has a number of permanent part time positions as Disability Support Workers. The roles are available all over western Brisbane for in house carers as well as roles in the 2 Westcare respite facilities located in Paddington and Windsor in Brisbane. The main aim of the role is to provide respite care both in home and centre based for people with disabilities who have high support needs. Westcare's ideal candidate will be a caring and compassionate individual with an understanding of the lifestyle requirements of people with disabilities. For further application information please click on the link or contact Emma Taylor on 07 3300 5211.
POSITION AVAILABLE: ABA THERAPIST AND SCHOOL AIDE
Gold Coast Mudgeeraba Area
Looking for an ex-teacher or someone with ABA experience to assist our autistic son who is 6 years old at school or after hours.
Training will be provided on an ongoing basis. Must be committed and positive.
Please contact us on 0406 810 362 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A.B.A therapist required to work with our adorable 5 year old son. We are already 12 months into the program and making great progress. A position has become available to join our two other therapists, experienced preferred. Must be passionate, enthusiastic and reliable and have own transport. Hours up to 20 hours per week. For further details please call 5449 0341, Noosa area.
Part Time experienced ABA Therapist required to work with our 5 year old son.
Hours would be alternative Saturdays for 8 hours approx in the Noosa area on the Sunshine Coast. Tel 5449 0341.
ABA therapists required to work in a home program with two 3 year old girls.Must have some experience. Up to 20 hours of work available per week - morning sessions.Forest Lake area. Contact Nilissa on 3372 7394
ABA Teaching Assistant Position 5 year old boy
6 - 9 hours per week
Contact Stacey on 0421 412 605
- Wanted: therapist to work with 8 year old boy with autism in Corinda area who had ABA program in early years. Specific goals and some RDI work. Required some afternoons after school and during school holidays. May suit therapist working as school aide. Pay $20+/hr with appropriate experience. Contact A.A. Sullivan ph 32781560 after 7pm
Last updated 12th June 2011